Updated: December 31, 2022
Burning aromatic oil incense is a great way to add a pleasant fragrance to your home or workspace. It can be used to create a relaxing atmosphere, help clear your mind and focus, or just create an inviting ambiance.
There are a few simple steps you can follow to safely and properly burn aromatic oil incense:
- Choose an appropriate container. It’s important to use a heat-resistant container, such as an oil burner, since burning incense will generate some heat. Make sure the container has enough room for the incense to burn without spilling over.
- Fill the container with water. Fill the container about halfway with warm water, then add a few drops of essential oil to the water. You can choose any essential oil you like; popular scents for incense include lavender, sandalwood, rosemary, and jasmine.
- Place the incense in the container and light it. Place the incense in the center of the container and light it with a match or lighter. The incense should start to burn slowly, releasing its fragrant aroma into the air.
- Monitor the incense while it burns. Make sure to keep an eye on the incense while it burns so it doesn’t get too hot or cause a fire hazard. If you notice it starting to flame up or smoke heavily, blow it out immediately and discard any remaining incense material.
- Extinguish and clean up when finished. When you’re done burning the incense, blow it out and dispose of any remaining residue in an appropriate manner. Clean up any ash or debris that may have accumulated in the container as well.
By following these simple steps, you can safely enjoy the pleasant aroma of aromatic oil incense in your home or workplace. Just make sure to practice caution and keep an eye on the burning process at all times.