You meditate because you want to help clear your mind and increase focus.
Something you can do to help this process is called candle gazing meditation which is simply where you can either
- Have your eyes open and stare at the candle flame or;
- Light a candle with specific scents and fragrances that help you relax and achieve a state of zen.
- Another great way to meditate is by using intention candles and affirmations.
We like to use a great non-toxic, natural soy wax candle along with a comfortable meditation chair to get the most out of our sessions.
These types of candles will keep your room dimly lit if you decide to focus on the flame or provide great smells if you are focusing on keeping your eyes closed and taking deep breaths.
Another way you might want to use a candle to meditate is simply by lighting a regular candle and focusing on the flame.
Some people find this a lot easier and better to train their focus as the flame constantly moves and helps put you in an almost trance like state which is perfect for meditating and helping to clear your head of all the unwanted nonsense inside.
If you want to meditate while candle gazing then it doesn’t hurt to have a scented candle but it’s not required.
- Best Meditation Clothing For Relaxation & Comfort
- Best Meditation Cushions + Zafu & Zabuton Pillow Sets
- Top 3 Best Buckwheat Meditation Cushions
- Best Meditation Chairs, Benches & Stools – Our Top 12 Reviews
- Our Favorite Meditation Headphones – Ultimate Buyers Guide
- Best Buddhist Monk Robes & How To Wear Them